Inside my kitchen cabinets.
(Following summer commission, my cabinets are only this full in September.)
Brownie in a Mug
1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
pinch of salt
1/4 c. water
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1-2 drops vanilla extract
1 small scoop vanilla ice cream, if desired
1. Pour flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a microwave-safe ceramic mug. I use the Essential Mug from Crate & Barrel.
2. Stir with a fork to mix well and break up any clumps.
3. Add oil, water and vanilla and stir until smooth.
4. Microwave on high until pretty solid yet moist, at least 1 minute 30 seconds. Check. Microwave at 10 second intervals until done. I find that 1 minute 50 seconds is good for my microwave.
5. Cool for a minute.
6. A small scoop of vanilla ice cream on top is optional.