I am excited for my birthday shopping spree in three and a half weeks. Since I love a capsule wardrobe and am fairly decluttered throughout my home and life, I am looking forward to replacing and/or upgrading well worn necessities as well as trying beautiful new things. As a former Art History major, I love my research and so I have been "window shopping" online lately. I have been playing with a wish list pinterest board to keep it all organized. I will look out for these items in addition to browsing on the day.
Even though I would love a carved wooden screen, the ruby bracelet from Fire & Ice that I've had my eye on for years, and a Le Creuset Classic Cherry Curved Oven, each of these items would likely cost hundreds of dollars. I firmly believe in quality over quantity and saving for the item of the highest quality I can afford but I settled on a shopping spree for my birthday in which I intend to make multiple purchases and, despite significant savings, my budget is still an issue. I need to keep things reasonable. As a result, every item on my birthday wish list costs no more than $110. This post is unlike me because I am a daydreamer and would include expensive items and experiences normally. And I certainly do not to expect to purchase every item on this more practical list. The following list of 31 options is organized by price, low to high.
Michelle's 31-Item 31st Birthday Wish List:
1. Teddy Bear Cookie Cutter, Sur la Table, $1.25
2. Tea Bag Cookie Cutter, cheapcookiecutters.com, $3.99
3. Olin Red Placemat, Crate & Barrel, $4.95, want 4
4. Eiffel Tower Espresso Mug, Sur la Table, $5.95
5. Paris is Always a Good Idea Print, FoxyOxie Etsy shop, $8
6. Wilton Large Cookie Pan, Target, $8.99, want 2
7. Bellemain 12-cup Nonstick Madeleine Pan, amazon.com, $9.95
8. Heritage Hill 64 oz. Glass Jar with Lid, Crate & Barrel, $9.95, want 5+
9. Cargo Essential Lip Gloss in Prague, Ulta.com, $16
10. CIA Ice Cream Scoop, Bed Bath and Beyond, $17.99
11. Ben's Garden Cocktail Napkins- A Party Without Cake, susabelleboutique.com, $18
12. Owl Sink About It Soap Dispenser, Modcloth.com, $19.99
13. Essential Short Sleeve Scoop Tee in White, BodenUSA.com, $22
14. a home item from favorite store HomeGoods
15. a bottle of wine, The Italian Market or Bin 201
16. b.tempt'd by Wacoal Ciao Bella Underwire Balconette Bra in Night, Nordstrom, $38 + panty, $19
17. Steve Madden Ibiza Flat in Nude, DSW.com, $39.95
18. Levi's 512 Bootcut Jeans in Indigo Rinse, JCPenney, $39.99
19. jcp Knit Blazer in Charcoal Heather, JCPenney, $39.99
20. Hatchet tote in Midnight Black, Aldo, $40
21. Chanel: Collections and Creations hardcover, amazon.com, $42.53
22. Layered Tank in Black, Ann Taylor, $59.50
23. Steve Madden Zsaza Crystal Embellished Strappy Sandals in Silver, Nordstrom, $63.20
24. Nikon Coolpix digital camera in Black, amazon.com, $64.58
25. Large Nonstick Roaster, Crate & Barrel, $69.95
26. Essential Core-Loft Blanket in Raspberry Tile in Twin, garnethill.com, $79
27. All-Season Stretch Pencil Skirt in Black, Ann Taylor, $79
28. Petite Signature All-Season Stretch Trousers in Twilight Gray, Ann Taylor, $79.99
29. Sleeveless V-Neck Shadow Stripe Dress in Luscious, White House Black Market, $89.99
30. Sadie Wallet in Black, Hobo, $108
31. Ivanka Trump Sophia Pump in Natural Patent, Nordstrom, $109.95
The bold line items are a priority, my top five.
For about a dozen items, I would have to do some online shopping following my spree through Annapolis.
The tea bag cookie cutter is to make these adorable cookies sometime this year.
Some of the kitchen items are upgrades. For example, the cookie sheets are reviewed as sturdy. My cheap ones warp in my hot oven nearly every time. The ice cream scoop is also said to be sturdy. I always seem to be using a broken one for such a long while. Both of these are workhorses in my kitchen.
A staple for me, this particular white tee is supposed to not be so see through.
Yes, the name of the bra does make me like it more.
I really need a pair of jeans to wear with heels that fit. Levi's tend to have a 32" inseam on the regular length where Ann Taylor can be way too long at 33 1/2".
My current black tote from Nine West Outlet is very worn from everyday use. I'm surprised that I'm still carrying it! The one from Aldo is a replacement option until I can afford to upgrade it with a high quality one from Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Coach, etc.
I've wanted this Chanel coffee table book to pile with my Nina Garcia style books for a long time.
The wallet is an upgrade for my coupon/loyalty program card/gift card/dry cleaning receipt/change wallet from Wilson's Leather. I love Hobo products, especially when the leather texture is "tumbled." I may use it for cash/credit card/photo ID/insurance cards/coffee shop punch card wallet too, but my current one is from Florence and I love it!
The pair of nude pumps is kind of like the ones the Duchess of Cambridge often wears.
I will certainly share my purchases here on the blog as well as post about my Spring 2015 Capsule Wardrobe. Perhaps a bonus 'what's in my handbag' post.