I used this recipe here from Martha Stewart.
2 c. all-purpose flour plus more for slab
5 tbsp. sugar plus a bit more for topping
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2/3 c. half-and-half plus a bit more for topping
1/2 c. halved cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut cranberries in half and measure 1/2 cup. Leave to the side.
3. In a bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir.
4. Add butter and play with until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Stir in half-and-half until just moistened.
6. Fold in cranberries.
7. Dust slab with flour.
8. Knead dough 5-10 times.
9. Pat into a 1-inch tall circle.
10. Cut into 8 wedges.
11. Place on a baking sheet a couple of inches apart.
12. Top wedges with some half-and-half and then sprinkle with sugar.
13. Bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
14. Let cool.
I usually enjoyed a slice with a couple of cups of sweetened espresso or a cup of sweetened black tea either in the morning or afternoon.
I look forward to making it again next autumn as cranberries are in season mid-September through mid-November in North America.