sheer + scalloped = summer sexy
My summer capsule wardrobe is very similiar to my spring one which you can view here. It ended up being 30 items, down from 32 for spring. In changing seasons, I've only switched a few pieces, pieces that will better show off my summer tan. Like I said for my small spring collection of clothes, I am interested in only owning what I truly love and actually use. The capsule wardrobe fits my lifestyle which is run on a shoestring budget. I truly believe that less is more. Anyway, this is what I'll wear this summer...
Michelle's Summer Capsule Wardrobe:
1. white wrap short sleeve top by Banana Republic Factory Store
2. white short sleeve shirt from Ann Taylor
3. dark pink sleeveless tank with vertical, central pleats from Ann Taylor Factory Store (ATFS)
4. printed pink short sleeve wrap top from ATFS
5. vibrant pink short sleeve shirt with pockets from New York & Company
6. white short sleeve shirt with lavender vertical stripes from Ann Taylor
7. cobalt blue sleeveless cotton top with scalloped design on sheer fabric from ATFS
8. blue ruffled neckline sleeveless shirt from ATFS
9. charcoal gray and white stripe short sleeve shirt from The Limited
10. sheer black with white polka dots vertical-pleated button-down top with flutter sleeves from JCPenney
11. black lace cross-over sleeveless top from ATFS
12. black sleeveless cotton top with sheer scalloped design from ATFS
13. black short sleeve top with extra fabric on v-neck and at waist from ATFS
14. black tailored top with sheer short sleeves and attached scarf from White House Black Market
15. black sheer v-neck short sleeve top with extra fabric around waist from JCPenney
16. dark gray pants from ATFS
17. black slim ankle pants from New York & Company
18. black bootcut pants from ATFS
19. dark blue Levi's jean capris from JCPenney
20. dark blue Levi's 515 jean capris with the bottoms folded up once from Macy's
21. white capris with vertical line texture by Bandolino Blu from Macy's
22. black dress capris with vertical line texture from The Limited
23. dark blue knee-length jean skirt by Liz Claiborne from JCPenney
24. white eyelet A-line skirt from ATFS
Only wore this to a party and a first date so far.
I hope to wear this summery skirt like once a week this season.
25. ivory and blue printed pencil skirt from ATFS
26. black and white printed pleated skirt by INC from Macy's
27. black pencil skirt by Banana Republic from a thrift shop called Second Time Around (Philadelphia)
28. black flirty skirt from The Limited
29. black wrap dress from Ann Taylor
30. black and white printed knee-length sundress with straps and a black bow detail from JCPenney
That's 15 tops and 15 bottoms or dresses.
Black Ballet Flats from Nine West
I like a classic cap toe and a delicate bow.
The main part is black leather,
but it's detailed with patent leather, some shine for summer nights.
1. white scoopneck tee from ATFS
2. black scoopneck tee from ATFS
4. black v-neck tee from Target
So many of these pieces are black and I'm fine with that. I can throw on a black item and feel pulled together. A black top is a go-to for late summer nights out.
I haven't owned a pair of shorts in years as I prefer more coverage. Instead, I wear capris or cropped pants and knee-length skirts often. My blue jean skirt gets a lot of use. Hopefully, I'll get into the habit of wearing my dresses more often this season.