So much inspiration for and simply a reminder to work on my capsule wardrobe comes from the blog The Daily Connoisseur. Read about and even watch a fashion show video of Jennifer's Ten-Item Wardrobe for the Fall/Winter 2013 here. I love her's. I happen to differentiate between fall and winter myself because Maryland enjoys four distinct seasons and I want to dress appropriately.
My capsule wardrobe for the fall consists of the following...
1. White short sleeve shirt from Ann Taylor
2. Pink and black print short sleeve top from Ann Taylor Factory Store
3. Lavender and white vertical striped short sleeve shirt from Ann Taylor
4. Black cross-over sleeveless top with lace on front upper part from Ann Taylor Factory Store
5. Black fitted top with sheer scarf and short sleeves from White House Black Market
6. White 3/4 sleeve shirt from New York & Company
7. White long sleeve shirt from H&M
8. Chocolate brown 1/2 sleeve wrap shirt from H&M
9. Lavender and white vertical striped long sleeve shirt from H&M
10. Chocolate brown cross-over 3/4 sleeve sweater from Ann Taylor LOFT
11. Black pants from Ann Taylor Factory Store
12. Dark gray pants from Ann Taylor Factory Store
13. Short dark blue boot-cut jeans by Levi's from Kohl's
14. Regular dark blue boot-cut jeans by Levi's from Kohl's
15. Dark blue boot-cut jeans from Ann Taylor Factory Store
16. Dark blue jean skirt by Liz Claiborne from JCPenney
17. Black flirty skirt from The Limited
18. Brown wool skirt with line design from Ann Taylor LOFT
19. Black and white tweed pencil skirt from Ann Taylor
20. Black ankle pants from New York & Company
That's ten tops and ten bottoms for a total of twenty pieces. This number should work well for me since I work a full-time job and have a life outside of work as well. I also only do laundry at my parents' place once a week. The first five pieces listed will be phased out first as it gets colder outside.
This limited number is made more doable with the following extras...
1. White scoop neck short sleeve tee from Ann Taylor Factory Store
2. White scoop neck 3/4 sleeve tee from H&M
3. White cross-over 3/4 sleeve tee by Merona from Target
4. White with black horizontal stripes boat neck tee from H&M (planning to purchase as soon as it's available)
5. New reddish purple cross-over 3/4 sleeve tee by Merona from Target
6. Navy with white horizontal stripes boat neck tee from H&M
7. Navy cross-over 3/4 sleeve tee by Merona from Target
8. Charcoal gray v-neck long sleeve tee from H&M
9. Black scoop neck short sleeve tee from Ann Taylor Factory Store
10. Black cross-over 3/4 sleeve tee by Merona from Target
11. Black scoop neck long sleeve tee from Express
12. Black v-neck long sleeve tee from H&M
This is my closet...
The right side of my closet is pictured.
On the left side, from left to right, I've hung up
items that didn't make the cut, special occasion dresses and outerwear.
My laundry bag is on the left as well, on the floor.
I have another closet that has shoes, scarves, belts, my other everyday handbag not in use, and totes
along with travel gear.
1. Black 3/4 sleeve cardigan by Cherokee from Target
2. Ivory 3/4 sleeve cardigan from New York & Company
3. New dark pink azalea 3/4 sleeve cardigan by Ann Taylor LOFT Outlet
1. Tan 3/4 sleeve belted safari jacket from The Limited
2. Khaki single breasted belted trench from Banana Republic Factory Store
3. Black single breasted trench from H&M
4. Khaki blazer from H&M
5. Chocolate brown corduroy blazer from Esprit
6. Black suit blazer from The Limited
7. Dark gray suit blazer from Ann Taylor Factory Store
1. Black v-neck sleeveless shift dress with folds from White House Black Market
2. Black wrap dress from Ann Taylor
3. Black long sleeve faux-wrap dress with rectangular pin by American Living from JCPenney
-18 Camisoles (including 6 of the same one: white everyday cami by Sonoma Life + Style from Kohl's)
-Shoes including heeled boots
-Jewelry including many, many pairs of earrings and watch by Anne Klein
-3 Pairs of Sunglasses
-Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere from Macy's
-Patent wine colored handbag by Coach from eBay
-Black signature print handbag by Coach from Coach Outlet
-Other bags including clutches and totes