Cheers to a Fabulous Summer!
In this Memorial Day weekend post, I posted a list entitled "Things To Do: Summer Edition" and now that it is Labor Day and the unofficial end of summer, here's my list with the ones I have completed crossed off:
3. have a perfect beach or pool day
4. go out of town (even if just for the day or an evening, even if just to Annapolis or Baltimore)
5. go for a snowball with friends
8. attend as many cookouts as possible--thoroughly enjoy summer food while dining alfresco
10. throw a fun and fabulous party
12. totally rock big Italian-style sunglasses
I pretty much perfected my cork candle holder, so I will share about that in (yet another) belated Style Sunday post. Sorry. I haven't gotten used to working a (long) shift at my part-time job every Sunday yet.
The highlight of my summer was hosting my two college friends for a few days during the middle of July. From blood orange margaritas on my balcony to Italian desserts in Baltimore's Little Italy, we really had a good time!
Unbelievably poor lately, I liked having this list, so that I could make the most of my summer, budgeting for and enjoying those quintessentially summer activities. I didn't want to miss out just because I lacked the funds for a big trip away and for every Saturday night out.
I am happy to be off today. Instead of the usual burgers and hot dogs on the grill, my family plans on serving lasagna on this Labor Day. ...which is fine with me! :)